Hi

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 am

Hi

Hello from the UK. Due to what is turning out to be quite an unhealthy interest in the old KB1 truck my friend has just picked up I have been looking for info and came accross the site. Hope to be able to pick up valuable info from you guys in the know and as time goes by and my knowlage of the truck improves put something back into the site. :P

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Hi

Hello Phil! There is at least one other fellow on the site from the UK. We love pictures! I have even sent a couple parts over your direction. Hope to see you often!

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey there

Looking forward to seeing some pics and questions. Lots of good folks and info here is free for the askin'

Welcome to the site
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Love to see pictures. I really like those IHCs, especially K/KBs
"If this was easy, everyone would be doing it"

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

Hi guys were mainly struggling on gettin her moving. We've got her to tick over fine but as soon as you try drive on the accelerator peddle it just dies. we are just after any info, tips and pointers as we really cant figure out why she keeps dying. We thought it was the carb so it had a little refurb but still the same problem, sits there running sweet then try drive it an it kills the engine??? We thought of changing the carb but cant find a replacement for the carter yf 0924 thats on it??? Its a 1944 ihc kb we will try get you guys some photos!! Hope you can help :)

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 am

Can you hand manipulate the Carb to get it up in RPM's? Yes/NO Bottle feed or pumping from the tank? (pumping from tank, plugged pick up tube/lines) Clutch is in when starting, or out of gear?(Engaging the trans, trans may be "frozen?, Brake on the drive line frozen?)
Air leak or stuck choke?
Those are my feeble suggestions/questions.

Lloyd

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 pm

This is reposted for Phil:
Sorry for some reason i cant post a reply so here it is.......

Yes it can be hand manipulated but has a little cough just before it gets to the rpm of where it ticks over sweet the air filter is off at the moment as its rusted and needs welding to hold oil. We have tried putting it on with no oil just to see if it makes a difference but nothing changes. It is tank fed and the clutch is out of gear. I dont think any lines are frozen she goes into gear fine but put the peddle down n its cough splutter die :(

Thanks phil from UK

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 am

With the air cleaner removed and choke open, look down the throat of the carb. Open the throttle quickly and see if you see a spray of petrol-gasoline in the throat of the carb. If not, your accelerator pump is not working correctly. MM

Return to Introduce Yourself