Another IHC fan

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:11 am

Another IHC fan

HI
I was fortunate to be given a 56 S-100 in running condition with just some rust on the cab and fenders by a high school buddy. (I'm old enough to remember Bonanza in black and white). The truck was his father-in-law's straight off the lot in Edmonton. I have now been driving the truck for the entire summer and has become my preferred mode of transportation out here is saskatchewan. No sooner did I get the truck home when a neighbour gave me another 56 S-100 for parts. So I have lots of spares!!!
The plan is to do a frame off restoration and make use of the spare rust free fenders and return the truck to the original Blue and Ivory color.
This is my first IH and probably not the last.
Attachments
IMGP1431reduced sample.jpg

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Another IHC fan

Hi, I was born in Saskatchewan, too. I've lived most of my life in Ontario. I envy all the old vehicles you guys have out there. Your S-100 is a thing of beauty. A real survivor. I wouldn't restore it all, but I'll enjoy watching you do it just the same.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 am

Re: Another IHC fan

WOW! that blue & ivory is a thing of beauty. Too bad about the rust, but a nice parts truck, too.

Keep coming back with pictures and questions and keep us up to speed on your build. Good to see.
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Return to Introduce Yourself