New Here

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

New Here

Hi everyone

I'm new here so I thought I should introduce myself. Unfortunately, I found the forum a few weeks too late. I plan to purchase an old truck in the next couple years and wanted to learn more about the K/KB series. I have lots of general questions, but I won't waste your time with them now. I'll wait until the forum is completed before I start asking basic questions.

Wayne

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: New Here

wbeaton wrote:Hi everyone

I'm new here so I thought I should introduce myself. Unfortunately, I found the forum a few weeks too late. I plan to purchase an old truck in the next couple years and wanted to learn more about the K/KB series. I have lots of general questions, but I won't waste your time with them now. I'll wait until the forum is completed before I start asking basic questions.

Wayne

Welcome to the Group Wayne, What part of the Country are you from? Take a look on the Right Side, there is some info in the Categories section. Look forward to seeing you again.
Lloyd

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks, Lloyd. I've already read through all of that info and found some answers. I also have a copy of "International Truck - Color History" that has been both interesting and helpfully. I'm curious about the overall driveability of these trucks on modern roads. I'd also like to learn more about modifications and swaps (if any) that may improve driveability. I'm not interested in a hot rod, but I'd consider dropping a 1940-60's vintage motor under the hood if it meant that I could get a comfortable 60 mph out of it.

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Several Members over your way, I think. My uneducated opinion is: good original motor, should be no problem for power(fuel mileage?) upgrade braking system, upgrade rear end. Several options in both those areas. Hopefully a couple of the folks will speak up. Lots depends on how "handy" you are at doing things, and/or how much money you can spend.
Pick the type of truck you want, and then look/ask for what others have done to that particular type. Some things interchange from some models, some do not and require different types of parts.
Good luck in your search.
Lloyd

Return to Introduce Yourself