Introduce Yourself

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 am

Introduce Yourself

Hello;
I am Don Graves, I am from Northern Ohio, I now live in the wheat fields and oil country of north west Oklahoma. The winters are much better here.
I have a 39D2 that I have been restoring, when I moved out here it was left in Ohio so it was put on hold. This last fall I was able to bring it out here ,I am going to try to get back at it this winter, I have mounted the cab on a 76 Scout frame and running gear,I have a 196 engine with a 4 speed transmission . I hope that some day I can get it going. I have plans to paint it ih cream with red finders and ih blue trim like the one that my father bought in new in 1939 for his IH farm machinery dealership.
That was the truck that I road in as a boy and I learned to drive in that truck. It was a special paint job and special price for IH farm machinery dealers.

I am very glad to see the site up and running again. I have driven Scouts since 1965 and have had about 10 of them and restored several.
I am looking foreword to see this site growing like it was before.
Thanks Jim and all of your Helpers.

Don Graves

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome Don. it is always nice to have someone who has some dealership experience, even if it was your Dad. those memories are precious. My dealer was Jack Deltombe in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Manny

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Introduce Yourself

Welcome from Camrose Alberta.
Vehicles;
1953 R130
3 X 1952-'54 Austin A40 Somsersets

Return to Introduce Yourself