Welcome!!!!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: Welcome!!!!

Will do! Thanks for the info

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello i just recently bought a 1959 international A130 and was wondering if its worth fixing up? i was told that just because a truck is old doesnt mean its worth fixing. it runs well and drives has a BD240 engine can anybody tell me if its worth it please.. i have pictures and videos of it running just need to figure out how to post them on here. Thank you i finely found this site

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Zaner, if your truck is not a rust pile, it is worth fixing up, in my view. Will it ever be worth a lot, probably not, not like a ford or chevy. To post pictures, they need to be around the 500 size. you can generally shrink them using "paint" in a windows computer, you can also post links to videos, They should work.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:29 pm

OK COOL heres a link to a video i have of it on facebook https://www.facebook.com/zane.thain/vid ... 194503989/ thank you

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:33 pm

i also have a video of the motor https://www.facebook.com/zane.thain/vid ... 433558989/ just dont want to put 10k into a truck that will only ever be worth 5 k

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi, all.

Every few years, I get the IHC itch. Fairly sure I was registered here about a thousand years ago, but had to re-register yesterday 'cause I couldn't get any of my usual passwords to work here.

I don't own an IHC, but I've got a computer-illiterate friend who has several--some of them broken-down and suitable for "scrap", and others that are not-so-bad considering their advanced age. Guess who gets to do the research on them.

Most of my native interest in IHC would be the light trucks--Scout, Pickup, Travelall--and primarily the SV-series engines. There's sub-forums for those vehicles, but nothing specific for engines which would transcend the body styles. A person looking for engine info needs to visit each body-style forum that the engine was used in.

My suggestion would be to add some sub-forums for major components--a gasoline and a Diesel engine sub-forum, a transmission/transfer case/driveshaft/axle section, maybe one for brakes if there's commonality among several body styles the way I expect there is.

In the meantime, I'll be re-reading some threads I've found about 392 cooling systems, and other "engine stuff" wherever I can find it.

I'm also expecting to post some photos of my friend's IHC trucks, as he'd like to convert some of them to cash.
Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself