Welcome!!!!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:56 am

Re: Welcome!!!!

Hi and thanks for adding me to this site!

I just got myself a great new bus and I have some modest plans for her after I get her up to snuff.

:h0231: I will post a thread.
Proud owner of a lovely Loadstar 1700 and a derelict 1603 parts bus

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon May 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi all
I can say 1 thing for sure. This Internet stuff has brought us sites like this. Thanks. I am auto nut. Love all kinds now, Local fire fighter. We have a 1941 K8/ National fire truck, that the town purchased, and built to there spec. 14000 orginal miles. Currently, being semi restored. Would like to post some pictures and on need of a engine part. Need to find out how to do that. Thanks

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi all
My name is Steve. I live in Manitoba Canada. That is just north of North Dakota.

I am building a L130

Lots of issues finding brake drums. mostly the rear as they are 14 x2"
this is a 1 1/2 ton

Does any one know if the gauges work with a 12 volt system
old blue.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:47 pm

The answer to your gauge question is, no and yes. I got my 1953 R120 6 volt gauges to work for about 15,000 miles on 12 volts before the gauges let the smoke out and their service life came to an end.
The long tern service answer you need is "NO". Autometer gauges is now my first choice. I had a few years with Stewart Warner, in the 1990s, and reliability was a problem. Warranty replacement was never questioned, but ....................
If you GOOGLE hot rod aftermarket gauges you will find more than a few aftermarket gauges. Some of these gauges will direct fit an Old IHC dash.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:54 pm

thanks i will check out that site

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm

hello thanks for accepting me i live on the border of new York and Canada i have 4 mid 40s ih trucks kb6 kb7 kb8 kb10 the kb7 is the one that i am building into a rat rod rig with as much original parts as possible from that erra the only other one that runs is the kb10 dump truck that i use to haul fire wood with the rig has not seen the road in 52 years hoping to have it on the road this summer
if its old or rusty than i like it

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Hello All,
My name is Lisa! I am a new member. My husband found this site as we were just surfing the web looking for parts, networks, communities of the good ole IH enthusiasts. I got all excited and told my husband I would join this forum and see if I could get good info regarding my project, then I realized this is a t IH TRUCK forum...ha... oh well still in the same Family. I have a 1957 IH Metro Van AM152 (150 series) dually, acquired from the state of WA. I live in Colorado. I had been looking to find a smaller Metro step van, thanks to my husband who first came across these IH beauties which were being restored and used for the coolest things. Well I had it shipped a lil over a month ago and we have been working on it most days after work. I am in love. Unfortunately it has lots of rust but it also has lots of solid parts. My goal is to birth my Juice business out this Metro...Juice-a-delic! We were told it ran, well it ran but did not turn over. We have since ordered a tune up kit and installed new distributor cap, wires, rotar, condensor, etc. still could not get that spark... ordered a 1904 Holly Carb tune up kit... hubby rebuilt somewhat... he did not tear it totally apart but mostly. Recheck the distributor wires...finally turned over...High five yay... pure excitement. We dealt with a small leak from the newly rebuilt cab and some slight back firing after back and forth with tightening screw, rechecking wire and firing order and moving the order back a notch ....No more back firing.. hubby reset the gap in the timing (not sure I am saying that right) and adjusted the idle a bit and we are somewhat happy now. On to full brake rebuild and will deiced to rebuild the engine later. We need to stop this baby...lol. I am excited to work on every day after work and excited for every miniature milestone. thanks for letting me be a part of this forum.

Lisa R
Juice-a-delic
Attachments
IMG_8002.JPG

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Lisa, Welcome! We do have a Metro section here and many of the mechanical items are the same as the other "150" trucks. Are your wheels the 6 on 7 1/4 bolt spacing? If so, Drums are all but impossible to find, unless from another truck and they have good ones on them. There is one outfit that can re-sleeve them, but not cheap. Check the drums out for scoring, if it is only rivet gouges, just polish them up, DO NOT LET some drum shop turn them down, they may take them to far or tell you they can not.
Just my grumpy old thoughts.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Hey Ibesq,
Thanks! I just ran out and measured from center bolt to center bolt, hope that was right and YES they are 7/14! I pray the are workable ugh... they are certainly rusted.. we have not even pulled a tire yet or even tried to take a bolt off we have put some lube on them time after time so that when we attempt to see what's behind wheel number one... we can get it off.. Thanks for the heads up.. .My radiator just blew just when we thought we had saved it ha... any get leads on IH radiators other than IH parts... Hubby found on on Jegs but I read some reviews and was like hmmmmmm....he says it's pretty popular and known co. Most of the comments says some of their radiators started leaking after 6 months.
thanks

Lisa

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:37 pm

Lisa, do not forget to check to make sure which way the threads are on those studs on the wheels, I do not remember when they went from left hand threads to right hand on the left side of the vehicle. Radiator, measure the size and look around. Some have used the Aluminum ones that can be had on ebay.

Best I can do for you.
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself