Welcome!!!!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Re: Welcome!!!!

Thanks for the lead on manuals. Visited the site. For KB models looks like some of the manuals are dated 1947. Are they still adequate for a 1949?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:18 am

Yes, I believe so, they would have just added updates to the originals. Do not think there were to many changes. Others with more knowledge will know better. Best to take further Questions to the K/KB forum, Lots of good knowledgeable folks there.

Lloyd

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi All,
I am a complete newbie to forums such as this. I'm really just trying to find a resource for information about a big red tool metal box that may or may not be an International product.

My mom tells me that this tool box was mounted in/on the bed of an International pickup when my father (now deceased) purchased the (used) truck. Mom can't remember the model year of the truck, nor the year it was purchased. The truck is long gone, but the tool box is part of my father's estate. I'm tasked with determining its value (if any). If it was manufactured specifically for an International pickup, perhaps it has value to a collector. On the other hand, it may be a big pile of scrap.

I'm hoping that someone on this forum can't point me in a direction to try to find some additional information. My email address is (contact through Forum email) If photos would help, I can provide them.

Thank you, in advance, for any help that can be offered.

Sincerely,
Lucretia

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Lucretia, yes please post pictures of this tool box. Any Logo's you can see or imprinting on the steel also. We will do our best to help you out.

Lloyd

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Lucretia, yes please post pictures of this tool box. Any Logo's you can see or imprinting on the steel also. We will do our best to help you out.

Lloyd

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:26 am

It feels great to be back. I'm currently attempting to restore a 55 r110 barn find in Indiana. This is my first attempt at such a project and I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with other members. I haven’t had my hands on anything IH since I worked at the Fort Wayne plant in the early 60's. I'm anxious to learn from you guys. My intent is to produce a truck worthy of displaying at the Truck Museum in Auburn In.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:52 am

Welcome to the site! Post some pics so we can see your new 'Diamond in the rough'.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Excellent site Jim! Fans of the "big 3" would be lucky to have a resource 1/2 as decent as OldIHC.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: New to site 49 KB1

Son and I just took ownership of a 49 KB1. We live in Massachusetts and the truck arrived from the mid west.All in all pretty good shape..solid frame, body, cab and bed. Have already started the list for things that need attention..horn,leaky carb,emergency brake, windshield glass and seal.and whatever else I find during my play time.Almost lost the whole thing on a bad delivery dismount but she survived with fender damage and and a dented exhaust pipe.( WHEW ).

Bobby K1

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:45 am

Bobby,
Pretty much any questions you have, etc. can be found here. Just do a search.
There is a new member who sells all the glass, etc. Just do a search for "Window Glass"
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself