New to the site

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 am

New to the site

Good Moring everyone, I am new to the site. I have owned a D15 pickup for many years. The engine final gave out and I am in the middle of a rebuilt and found out that the block has several internal cracks. It is fixable for a price but thought I should ask around and see if I can turn up a replacement HD213 engine block. I have also been without a clutch cover since I bought the truck.

My mechanic is trying to steer me to another American made flat head that might be easier to find parts for but I am trying to save my little piece of history by keeping it original. I am out in California and hoping there is someone out there who can help me.

Steve Duquette

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Re: New to the site

Hi Steve, welcome to the site. There's a lot of great information and helpful folks here. Sounds like you have a great truck. I'm in California, as well. Early International parts are scarce; and, while, I admire your commitment to originality, a mechanical restoration that culminates in a running, relatively reliable truck, will be expensive. I have a newer truck (a 50's R series), now a resto-mod- which initially began as a sympathetic restoration. The original SD220 had a catastrophic failure; and, the price of a rebuild didn't jibe with my intentions of use for the truck, as well as the constraints of my budget. I certainly hope you are successful because a running, early, original truck is something truly special. I'm excited for you; and, wish good luck with your restoration.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I am going to do what I need to do to keep the truck running. My D15 is so close to an all original truck. Just trying to explore all avenues before I commit to a none original repair. I am not sure how the site works. My truck is a D15 but the engine I am looking for was also used in the early K series. Do all the members see these welcome posts or do I need to post in each of the forums as well? Any pointers?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 pm

When I log into the site, I click on 'view unread posts' at the top of the page, and read almost every post. Not everyone does that, though. Some only visit the sub-forum or section relating to their era or series of truck.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:54 am

Welcome to the site , I started with the computer looking for parts for my truck and learned a lot . I'm sure your parts are out there , I guess it depends on how much time you have . Although the pleasure of finding the parts is good , the satisfaction of persistance is more lasting .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Steve,

You want to check with Desert Valley Auto Parts (they had a reality show on tv) their main place is in Phoenix but anything earlier than 1960 is in Casa Grande, AZ. I have been to their Casa Grande location many of times for parts on my 1956. They have many old IH trucks down there earlier than 1950. Good prices and you can actually walk through the lot and pick what you want and they will take it off.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:40 am

Steve welcome.
I would also post in the pre40 section just to be sure.

Also another good site for the D series is on Facebook .https://www.facebook.com/groups/4592749 ... =bookmarks
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Thanks for the tips. I will check them out. My mechanic is also making some progress hope to be back on the road soon!

Return to Introduce Yourself