Needing some help

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:51 pm

Needing some help

Found a guy on a localish facebook page selling a truck that he has listed as a 1956 International s-170. Badge appears to match his description and truck seems to be in good shape but I can find nothing on Google about them. What Iam wondering is what its got for engine,trans, axles and what its worth. Thing is nearly 5hrs away so cant really run check it out. Price seems good but like some peoples opinions. Thanks
Attachments
International Truck.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am

Re: Needing some help

I like the twin rear , looking at irish mikes site that you can find here , I found that a 4x4 s170 has a Blue Diamond 269 , but there is a lot of 6x6 stuff out there , can you imagine getting a hold of one of those , wow !
https://app.box.com/s/otkihx6yoa

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Re: Needing some help

Tandem rear! I'm going to guess it is a tag and not a twin screw. It would have "T" in the model number if factory tag axle and "F" if twin screw.
As noted before it would have the medium duty six, base is the BD 269, but 282 and 308 would be possible, they are all in the same "family".
The BD medium sixes share NOTHING with the small sixes other than the "BD". so nothing for a small six will fit.
Tires are 20", should have lock ring wheels but someone might have fitted a Firestone RH 5 deg wheel (widow maker) so be careful and do not air up a flat until someone who knows "widow maker" wheels has confirmed none are of this type.
It is a medium truck, with all that entails. will not fit in a std house garage, and my run afoul of zoneing requirements in some towns, just a heads up.

Return to Introduce Yourself