Franken-National

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Franken-National

Hello from central Indiana. I'm a retired shop teacher, guidance counselor and school administrator. I've decided to spend some of my retirement funds on old cars and trucks that have significance in my life. I currently own a 1961 Ford Falcon, !962 VW Beetle, 1968 Mustang and I have just acquired a 1936 C1 (at least that's how it is titled). It really is more of a Franken-National since it consists of parts from many different eras of technology. The Cab area seems to be the most pure '36 IHC than the rest of the truck. I have issues with it that will be priority number 1 dealing with windows and doors.

I have been reading this forum for several months and now will become an active member. I look forward to getting help and providing help when I can. I also will enjoy the fellowship of other old car and truck guys/gals.

Best wishes for the holiday season to you all.
Attachments
'36 Int 2.jpg
36 Int.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: Franken-National

I just saw this on ebay. Quite the vehicle. It looks like a 1950s custom/ hot rod.
Nothing wrong with updates if they are thoughtfully done.
I personally would have picked a fat-fendered (IHC 1937 and later) truck to customize like this.

I'm one of the "modifiers" here. What do you want to know and WELCOME!
Attachments
image.jpg
Here's my "frankenNational". It's C-1 based. We could start a club!

Return to Introduce Yourself