Nate From Alabama

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Nate From Alabama

Hey Guys, I'm new, well kinda. My introduction post got lost in the migration, and its been so long most of you wouldn't remember anyway. I tinker on cars way too much, I cut my teeth on minitrucks (ahh the 90's) and then moved on to Turbo Mitsubishi's. I later found love for 70's imports, and I own my grandpa's 49 KB-2, and I'm sure many of you saw it in my other post. Thanks for the kind comments on it. I work in facilities maintenance for a government contractor, so I may be wiring one day, plumbing the next, or mowing the yard after. I'm pretty strong electrically, and solder on a mil spec level. This year I bought a small Lathe, and a mill/drill press set up that I'm learning to use at my own pace. No kids, and recently broke up with my GF, so I'm working overtime on my projects to keep my mind from imploding on itself. I'll keep looking, the right one will come along one day... Till then here are a few pictures of current projects.
49KB-2 Awaiting brake parts
72 Colt Coupe, Working on a rear brake upgrade,as well as a period correct rally spec engine.
75 Colt Wagon, good driver, needs a little paint, planning a turbo engine in the future
92 Talon AWD Auto, needs AC fixed. 68k miles on her!
Honda MiniTrail 50, runs, needs TLC.
49 International KB-2
72 Colt Coupe
75 Colt Wagon
91 Mighty Max 4x4
92 Talon AWD Auto
99 Montero Endeavor

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Re: Nate From Alabama

Welcome back.
My son has his SRT 4, for sale. You may know this is a Neon with a 2.5 litre Mitsubishi turbo engine. You can have it for $1500usd.and drive it home.
Now if it was easy to turn that engine 90 degrees and put it in an IHC, I might it.
I drove the SRT 4 one time. It is rough and really fast. I've owned Porsches and I'm spoiled.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:Welcome back.
My son has his SRT 4, for sale. You may know this is a Neon with a 2.5 litre Mitsubishi turbo engine. You can have it for $1500usd.and drive it home.
Now if it was easy to turn that engine 90 degrees and put it in an IHC, I might it.
I drove the SRT 4 one time. It is rough and really fast. I've owned Porsches and I'm spoiled.

Everything I've ever read says that the SRT-4 uses a Chrysler engine. I know people are doing head swap from them to the old 2.5 K car engines. Either way they are interesting cars. I helped a friend do a stage 3 upgrade to one once. I have another project of a Mitsu Mighty max with a 3000gt engine turned the correct way... that's a story for another day.

There is a guy in Ohio who will do a custom bell housing or adapter plate to turn that engine the "right way". :)
49 International KB-2
72 Colt Coupe
75 Colt Wagon
91 Mighty Max 4x4
92 Talon AWD Auto
99 Montero Endeavor

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm

My son told me the SRT 4 has a Mexican built Chrysler engine with a Mitsubishi turbocharger and intercooler. I have never been interested enough to get into the details of this car.
If it doesn't sell soon, he is going to donate it new tires and all, to the Kidney Foundation for a tax receipt. A local wrecker want the SRT for parts.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Return to Introduce Yourself