grandpas old pu

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm

grandpas old pu

have been looking at this sight alot finaly joined . am restoring 47 kb1 my grandfathers old truck.learned to drive in it now 30 years later it is close to lookink like new can some one tell me where to get the center grill strip and side mirror thanks to everyone for all the info i have gotten off this site

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: grandpas old pu

Welcome Mitsi! Great project. Center strip? dunno,...but others do!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Mitsi, post up your wants in the Swap Meet area under wanted exterior parts, and take a look into the For Sale area.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 pm

mirrors and center strip used to be available from spikedog, but do not know if he still makes those. i have both. excellent quality.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 pm

If you don't have any luck with spikedog, you might try ebay. Those show up from time to time.

A trick I learned for ebay is to look for any parts for your truck. If you spot a bunch of various stuff from the same member, they may have a vehicle they are parting out and you can contact them and request the part you're looking for- either through an auction or buying outright. I've been able to score a few hard to find items that way. Also, keep in mind that the parts you're looking for are common to many KB models- if not all. You'll be able to catch more 'fish' with a bigger 'net'.

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Nice to hear about trucks staying in the family- those are special.Welcome to the site
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Welcome to the site Mitsi, we are glad to help you with what we can. I know how you feel about your truck as my red one was my Great Uncle Frank's and I have owned it since 1972, I am the second owner.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm

look in Hemmings Motor News also for IHC parts. i have seen the SS grille strips there before. Generally though the center strip is hard to find as it is the leading edge of the truck nose and gets banged up real easy, so no great stretch to figure out why they have been renamed hens teeth.

Return to Introduce Yourself