IH is a family thing

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:58 pm

IH is a family thing

Hey guys, I've heard about this site and thought about it for a while but never got too serious on buying an IH till now. I found a great deal on a 57 S110 and will be heading out to look at it this weekend.

My moms first car was a 57 S120 and my grandpa still possesses it. Though my moms been trying to get it back for years, it's been well cared for but unrestored. Till he hands it down and we can start the restoration I've been trying to find one that my family can rally around and work on to keep spirits high. Hers will be a full resto and mine will be a resto-mod and I will likely post many questions about how to go about the various scavenger hunts and fab work to make them a pair of beautiful mother son trucks.
2015 Indian Chief Vinrage DD
1957 IH S112 LWB restoration effort

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: IH is a family thing

Welcome to the site, Will. You'll find lots of IH truck people here. I'm a fan of the S series, too.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:25 am

Re: IH is a family thing

Awesome news! I went to look at this 57 last night and I was very impressed. A true barn find. It is straight, rust free and tight. We didn't fire it up but this old rancher was detailed in explaining what he did. He was nice enough to hold the truck even while many others had contacted with interest, including some movie producer making a horror movie. Now it's time to get to work on going over everything and gettin it ready to be my DD in just a few months.

Updated I found its a S112 not 110. I suppose that's really just an extra leaf or something but it's an interesting bit to know.
2015 Indian Chief Vinrage DD
1957 IH S112 LWB restoration effort

Return to Introduce Yourself