Long time IH'r, newbie OldIHC'r!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Long time IH'r, newbie OldIHC'r!

Just wanted to say hi. I have been working on all makes of Scouts and C/D series pickups since 1998, formerly in Northwest Binders/Puget Sound Scouts, currently Hill Country Binders, San Antonio, TX. I always wanted an old Binder truck and I just traded for a great little R series. For now, I do not intend to rod it out but it might get a serious motor implant (does not have motor/trans - I have several options laying around). I know a big honey hole for all things IH here in Texas if anybody wants me to turn them on to it or go pull stuff for them. I prefer to do lots of trading - old school IH community type. If it is older than a C series in a pickup or a Scout 80, I don't know much.

Pete
https://www.facebook.com/hotrodge
Pete Rogers
1954 R100 2wd short wheel base pickup (Chassis 1042)
Finishing up 1969 Scout 800a AWD with my son, factory 304/3spd, now 345/T18
https://www.facebook.com/hotrodge
San Antonio, TX

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: Long time IH'r, newbie OldIHC'r!

Pete,

Welcome to OldIHC. There are a lot of nice old trucks around San Antonio. Sounds like you got one of those. An R-100 has been my long term dream to have as a daily driver.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Long time IH'r, newbie OldIHC'r!

You'd be amazed at the parts that are from the L, R, and S models of the '50's that found their way onto the Scout 80! And as a result, many parts for the Scout 80 can be retro'd back to the earlier models! Most guys don't think to look at Scouts for parts that might fit their earlier models.
Welcome aboard.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Return to Introduce Yourself