New to Forum with 39 D15

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 pm

New to Forum with 39 D15

Hello, my name is Ed and I'm in the Kansas City area. I am new to the board and will be asking a bunch of questions in the near future on my 1939 D15. I have always wanted to restore an old vehicle and this one chose me and I took her home. It now sits in the barn with my 1939 Farmall H. I'm sure they are swapping stories when I'm not in there. :) I have a lot of things to get done before I commit anytime to her. It will be mostly a winter project.
My 20 year old nephew is excited for this project and should be a great bonding experience with him. We need to start from scratch but will need advice on where to start. I have asked for the Binder Books for my birthday next month so that will help. I crawled underneath last weekend and it seems pretty complete and the guy stated it ran when parked 20 years ago. It came out of Northern Montana and used as a wheat truck, so its is not in bad shape. The transmission has layers of grease on the outside and both the brake pedal and clutch pedal go all the way to the floor. I have little of no mechanical know how so this should be a fun ride. Plan on teaching myself on the fly. I dont think it will take much to get her HD213A engine going. I have attached a few pictures of it leaving its old home and arriving at its new home. Any help and advice is welcomed. I envy that this comes natural to most guys on here so thanks in advance for the patience for my future ignorant questions. :oops:
Attachments
DSCF6035 - Copy.JPG
DSCF6037 - Copy.JPG
DSCF6042 - Copy.JPG
DSCF6049 - Copy.JPG

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: New to Forum with 39 D15

Welcome to the Forums! look forward to Questions. There are people on here that were just like you at one time, so bring on the Questions. There are also folks on here that will be very envious of your good luck in picking up a good looking D15.
Be sure to bring those Questions to the Pre 40 section, that will give you the most answers to your Questions.
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: New to Forum with 39 D15

Looks like a good start. Ask all the questions you have.

The grease coating is actually a good thing. Keeps the rust worms away.

I am reasonably ignorant, but have been able to dig into my A120 with confidence and gusto, because it is cheap, a heap, simple as the recipe for scotch and soda and solid as a Hulk Hogan's skull. Your skills will come and it won't be long before you're advising others.

Welcome to the site
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Return to Introduce Yourself