Nebraska to California

If you can haul, or need something hauled, this is the place to post it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Nebraska to California

hi,

I'm now looking for someone who can transport my 1965 Loadstar 4x4 from Crete, Nebraska to Santa Clarita, California. I'd appreciate hearing any ideas or recommendations any one has for shipping this thing or transport companies to use. This is my first time ever trying to arrange a cross-country transport.

The wheelbase is 139 inches and the seller measured the truck as 19' long and 7.5' wide and 7.5' tall. It weighs almost exactly 6,000 pounds. Not sure if the truck is running now or not, but don't depend on it running. Google maps says the trip is 1,509 miles, almost all freeway.

Thank you.
Steve

Picture of truck in Nebraska:

Last edited by overdriveSteve on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Re: Nebraska to California

Have you tried UShip? Just a thought.

http://www.uship.com/truck-transport/
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:55 pm

KSever wrote:Have you tried UShip? Just a thought.

http://www.uship.com/truck-transport/

Thanks for the reply.
UShip is the only way I know. Just thought first I'd see if there are any other alternatives. And give first chance at the job to someone from this forum if anyone here is interested or has a friend/business associate interested in the job.
Steve

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:53 pm

The truck arrived early morning on December 12th, 2014, during one of the worse rainstorms southern Calif has had in years. Biggest difficulties I found was no one wanted to transport a non-running truck, or a truck this tall, or across the country in winter. Also the fact that it was a commercial vehicle was another reason used by companies to state their non-interest in towing the vehicle.

I finally used a company found on Pirate 4x4, Joe at BeeLine Trucking, 530-526-3745. He has 4 trucks, two semi's and two hot shot rigs. My truck was put on a 40 ft trailer pulled by a 1 ton Ford. Price was fair (about $500 cheaper than U-Ship) and was less than a week from the time I first contacted him to the day my truck was delivered.

FWIW he got into the trucking business as a way to move his beehives around the country.

Just thought I'd share in case someone else is ever looking to have something transported.

Happy Holidays.
Steve

Return to Transportation Network