Just re-joined, need transport advice

If you can haul, or need something hauled, this is the place to post it.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Just re-joined, need transport advice

Howdy readers, my name is Mike; I'm in Gaithersburg MD. A long while ago I was part of this forum when I had a nice 1976 I-H Traveller. Time (well, a couple of decades, maybe) passed with interests in other cars and trucks, but now I'm back with a new I-H interest.
I bought a 1952 I-H L132 truck from a guy in Washington State. I have yet to see it though, because getting it transported to me in Gaithersburg MD from the seller in Riverside WA has proven to be an elusive task ! I contracted with a shipper agent a month ago who almost immediately gave me a shipping invoice (and thus collected his commission) but no follow-through has happened yet. So, I turn to this forum for shipper suggestions/leads so I can begin to enjoy this truck in other than picture form !
I'm part of a Studebaker truck guys' forum too, and for Studebaker-related things their help has been invaluable; here's hoping this forum can be the same way, and I can enjoy some real interaction here ! Thanks.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:28 pm

Re: Just re-joined, need transport advice

The shipping industry is notorious for these kinds of situations.. U-Ship is a great site to get a quote, book a shipment
and, have it all guaranteed. I used it to transport my 54 pickup from Kansas to California. My carrier is known as
outlawhotshots15. The driver, Will, was courteous, honest, efficient, and inexpensive.
Give them a try. It only costs money if you actually book a shipment with a carrier; and- it's a small percentage paid
after delivery- which, by-the-way, is when you actually pay the driver.
This way, you can be confident in the transaction. And- most of these carriers are already ensured; check, first, though.
-or, use your own insurance.. U-ship offers insurance; but, again, check with the carrier before buying it.
Good Luck.
Paul

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Welcome back! The L/R/S area is one of the busiest on this forum. Post some pics when you get it home.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:55 pm

ANy broker or carrier needs insurance and in the case of a broker, a broker bond. You have the right to demand a copy of the bond, and if they take your money and don't deliver, you have the right to file on the bond.
This is why it is important to deal with a ligit broker or carrier. You have recourse.

Return to Transportation Network