Who can you recommend?

If you can haul, or need something hauled, this is the place to post it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Who can you recommend?

Hi,
I have to pick up some parts in Richmond, California and bring them home to Van Nuys, California. I will need a small pickup or van as there is too much to fit in the trunk of a car. Who can you recommend or who have you rented a truck from at a reasonable rate? U-Hall charges mileage, so I don't want to use them.
Recommendations, anyone?
Thank you.
Steve

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: Who can you recommend?

Try the trucks from home depot or lowes. i don't think they charge mileage just for the time.
Also try enterprise rental. they will rent pickup trucks. You might be able to get a weekend deal with no mileage.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 pm

I don't think HD or Lowes would take to kindly the their trucks running almost 400 miles one way. Then he'd still have to return it.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:48 pm

"I" Dono? about where? you are~--but Here in MAINE--BUDJET DAYS & Milage only--its FULL when you take it--You fill it UP upon return--& PAY the Milage-- We had a Truck break down in Travis City Mich---We rented anS-10 chevy pick up--drove to Augusta from Portland--{60} miles--picked up our tools--& headed to Mich--21 hours latter--we were there!--my son drove all the way!--none stop except for GAS & lunches--We got the Marmon running--drove to a truck stop--Slept--next DAY!--finished Tinkering--Ate--& continued Home!--Augusta,Maine--both ran Good!--S-10 had CAL plates--ran super!--dropped it off Locally--Don*t remember?? the COST??--But-it was very reasonable!--three rental fee days & three tanks of GAS!--my driver had an Appendix Attack--three days in the hospital--I flew Him Home!--&We serviced the Marmon while He was Laid UP!--those were the DAYS!--jim-- :h21014:

Return to Transportation Network