Carburetor part number manual

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Carburetor part number manual

Hi,
Could someone please tell me which MT-??? parts number book would have this part number in it? It's a standard, OEM 2-barrel carburetor, I believe from the early '70's but I found it on an engine in a 1950's IHC truck. The carburetor part number is: 443269-C91, LIST 4308-1 and the number under the list number is 2363. I believe this last number is the manufacture date, but I'm not sure how to interpret that number.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me which parts manual lists this carb. Or even better, if there is an online version of the manual, a link to the appropriate page would be appreciated. I can't find it in my Loadstar MT112 parts book. Or if someone has the appropriate manual, perhaps they could scan and post the two or so pages here?
Thank you.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 am

Re: Carburetor part number manual

A picture would help, 2 or 4 hole? I looked in the manuals I have with no luck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am

Looked around a bit its a Holley 2300 2 hole, according to part number
http://www.carburetion.com/CarbNumber.a ... =443269C91

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:32 pm

kevin wrote:A picture would help, 2 or 4 hole? I looked in the manuals I have with no luck.

Thank you for trying to help. Yes it is a 2-barrel. But I have not been able to find it in any parts book yet. According to Holley, its an OEM carb and not a replacement carb.
I just don't have any light-line books - only Loadstar parts books and manuals.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:02 am

I cannot help with an "MT" number.

The Holley book is "Illustrated Parts & Specs". The Holley part number for the book is 36-51 Revision 1, print date 1973.

You won't really like the organization of the book ;)

Holley's parts manuals after about 1958 were organized as a "standard" / "exceptions".

What does that mean? Holley listed a "standard" carburetor of each type, with all parts (that were available for sale) for the "standard" carburetor, in this case a 2300. Then, in a different list, were listed all parts (that were available for sale) that were different (exceptions) for a different list number carburetor. The only picture was an exploded view of the standard carburetor, which is very generic.

According to Holley, the list number 4308 was used by IHC from 1969 though 1973 on 304 engines.

Jon.
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air!

If you truly believe one size fits all, try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner, The Carburetor Shop in Missouri

Return to A, B, C and D Series