International is a 13 letter SofaB

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 pm

International is a 13 letter SofaB

FYI to the old timer mechanic that calls the IH Cornbinder a 13 letter SofaB: My father's 1967 304 started first time after standing in a pasture since 1974. today is Aug. 31, 2017

ok so I know finding the line sheet and so the right components can be a hassle for a mechanic, still the fact is: a workhorse engine is hard to find

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Re: International is a 13 letter SofaB

There is not magic under the hood of an old Cornbinder. If the engine has air, fuel and spark at the right time, it should start and run. As far as the old IHC engines go, they were not too bad when they were the latest and greatest on the road. In 2017. a Ford Eco-Boost 3.5 litre V6 will out perform these old engines and do it at a third of the fuel consumption while lasting three times longer.
Back in the day, there was a service station with a mechanic every few blocks in town and every 20 miles in the country. This has changed because many of the new vehicles are more reliable and not so service intensive. Our family had one of those country service stations.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: International is a 13 letter SofaB

not saying the old Ih is anything other than what it was designed and engineered to be "back in the day". Apples cannot be compared to oranges.
Just grateful for the heritage that was and is International. And that my father wanted me to have a remembrance of days gone by.

Return to A, B, C and D Series