New to the Board

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:10 am

Re: New to the Board

lbesq wrote:I am moving this whole thread to the appropriate Forum.

Thank you. Sorry to clog the previous thread location.
1965 C1100 4x4 Longbed Stepside

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Good Work Chris,
I am sure your dad and grandfather are very proud. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Good job Chris,
The gun rack fits the truck's history and the era. I think it needs to stay. I like
enjoy
Dennis

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:12 am

Sorry for taking so long to reply to everyone. I have been slammed at work. At this time the truck is 100% Road worthy and registered as of today! First time since 4/05! Super exited if you couldn't tell. Over this past weekend my father and I spent some quality time working on the truck doing what started out as a "Few" things. This weekend I have another antique show that my father and I are going to. Best part is this time I'm driving the truck there instead of putting is on a trailer like last time. Still trying to figure out a flat spot right off Idle. I am thinking it's the accelerator pump but i'm not to sure. any suggestions?

Valve Adjustment
Points Adjustment,
Timing Adjustment,
New Spark Plugs,
Re-Jetted the carburetor and adjusted the Air/Fuel,
Rebuilt all Wheel Cylinders
New Brake shoe's and hardware all the way around
Turned Drums
Adjusted Brakes,
Trans Fluid Change,
Front and Rear Diff fluid change
Greased all Joints

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Yes, the accelerator pump would be the first thing I would check. Inspect the cup on the plunger and also the check balls.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Changed out the fuel pump gasket because it was leaking. And tonight I will be changing the valve cover gasket and push rod cover gasket. Also leaking haha **** leaks drive me crazy! Haha

Looking for a set of Factory wheels for my truck if anyone knows of any. I and looking to put 33x10-50-15 when complet. So 15's would be preferable. Same size that came on the truck factory.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:10 am

Valve Cover Gasket = Check
Push rod Cover = Check
Steering Wheel Rotation = Check
Took my Grandfather for a drive around the block for the first time since 2002 when he drove the truck last! Super fun to look over at him and just see the smile he had the whole time!

I'm getting close to having all of the little leaks fixed. I can't wait till I can look under the truck and not see any fluid of some sort under the truck of a wet spot on the engine. Does anyone know what to look for on the Accelerator valve? I pulled it apart tonight and could physically see anything wrong with it. Thanks in advance!

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:51 pm

It's been way tooo long since I have posted about the truck. I was able to replace the Master Cylinder today to get it driving again. It want to the shows last year and was a huge accomplishment. We are about to get rolling on this years season of shows. Im so exited.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Nice to see more photo's. Im struggling to find time at the moment to work on mine. Got to be cheeky... what is the car next to your truck? Is it a dodge charger? Looks like its jacked up was well. Luke

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:43 pm

harvester60 wrote:Nice to see more photo's. Im struggling to find time at the moment to work on mine. Got to be cheeky... what is the car next to your truck? Is it a dodge charger? Looks like its jacked up was well. Luke

Thanks. Yea it has been way to long of a wait for me to not be driving this truck. The truck next to the Cornbinder is my daily driver. It's a 2000 Dodge Ram 4X4. I have been putting some work into recently.

PreviousNext

Return to A, B, C and D Series