New to the Board

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: New to the Board

He said: we are back in action and full steam ahead for the memorial day
I hope this is not the case. The new radiator looks like it should keep the coolant temperature below 100C. I like the shroud very much.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri May 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Thanks everyone. I can't explain how exited I am to be working on this thing again. Should have everything I need to get it back on the road tuesday or wednessday. I ordered Upper & Lower Hoses, Cap & Rotor, and radiator Cap from RockAuto eaily this week. Also, ordered a new MilesMaster Fuel Pressure regulator off Ebay so that should be here monday. But other then that I spent a good amount of today cleaning the engine bay and underhood area. I got the new Waterpump, Thermostat, Bypass Hose, Radiator, Radiator Fan Shroud, and Accessory Belt installed also. I will post a picture tomorrow of the engine bay as it sits right now. Im getting exited. One other cool fact is that my Grandfather doesn't know I have been working on the truck yet so when it's done the plan is to invite him to the truck show to go look around and let him stumble on the truck witting there. I think it will be great!
1965 C1100 4x4 Longbed Stepside

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 pm

pkfj wrote:That's a great truck!! I love the way truck looks with the step side bed and the raised ride height..
There is something about that combination that gives it great proportions and a real presence.
it's in good hands.
Good Luck.
Paul

I love the look of the truck. But to my knowledge it is stock height? is this correct. It doesn't seem to be alterered at all. Either way I want to keep it as close to original as possible. If it was good enough for my Great grandfather it plenty good enogh for me. Best part is he used to hunt out of it in Wyoming and use a wench that I will be Reinstalling on it to pull Bucks out of canyons with it. I love listening to the stories my family tells abou the truck. So many more. I don't even know where to begin. Exciting just exciting.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat May 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Some updated pics of the truck as of today. I am waiting for a few things to come in to finish it before the show but it sure looks like i'm going to make it with any luck at all! :t3909:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 pm

That truck's in nice condition for its age! I hope you get to surprise your grandfather like you plan to. That will be great.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

dean466 wrote:That truck's in nice condition for its age! I hope you get to surprise your grandfather like you plan to. That will be great.

Dean

Thanks. As I spend more and more time cleaning it gets better and better. It's exiting. Today was a good day on the truck. Spent some good quality time cleanign and painting. Talked to my father today abotu it and he is totally game for setting my Grandfather up. I can't wait to see his face when he see's the truck sitting there.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Talked to my father today abotu it and he is totally game for setting my Grandfather up. I can't wait to see his face when he see's the truck sitting there.

Be sure to get a photo or two, love to see his face with the truck.. Your a good man!

Be safe

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Wow! Interior is super clean! I Love the authentic look of the truck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon May 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Our R120 was my Father's truck. When the R120 had been restored to better than new, we sent Mom and Dad Air Canada tickets . I picked them up at YVR. I didn't say anything as we walked through the parking. Dad spotted the R and stopped . He never said anything , but the tears rolled down his cheeks said it all. I offered Dad the key, he got in the passenger side and said," does it run?"
A year later, I drove the R120 to Calgary for Dad's funeral. The R hauled the contents of his shop the 1000 kilometers to Vancouver, as was his wish . I have to say, the R120 handled this situation much better than I.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5846&p=43879&hilit=elevator#p43879
Attachments
Dad's Funeral day.jpg
After Dad's funeral
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 am

So tonight was a huge night with tones of success! Pulled the truck out of the hole it's been in for years. Running and driving under it's own power. I shoudld be able to get some better photo's and videos soon. I will be sure to post a pictures from the weekend. Thanks again for all of the help everyone has done for me to make this happen I am so happy! I have alsoi attached a couple picture I just recived yesterday from my Grandfathers brother who is also in on this weekend with us. These photo's where taken on a hunting trip in Wyoming in the fall of 1967. sadly thought these photo's where taken in a an old 35mm slide and the color's arn't quite right but none the less amazing to have! Such cool history!

https://www.facebook.com/jack.crane.33/ ... 415454311/

PreviousNext

Return to A, B, C and D Series