Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: side window glass

Check with Peter in the Rejuvination thread in ABCD forum

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:30 am

Re: side window glass

If you have a whole or mostly whole window (it can be cracked or even broken) that can be used for a pattern, most glass shops should be able to cut them for you. They are flat glass and the windows are the same for both sides.

If you don't have a suitable window, you might be able to mock a pattern up from cardboard and take that to the glass shop. I would remove the inner door panel and slide it up in the channels and keep cutting and trimming until you're happy with it.

Mine cost about $75 for one but prices can vary. A used or junkyard window will be less, but not all shiny and new. If you get a new one cut make sure to ask for some rubber mounting "tape" that holds it in the bottom channel. Also make sure that they sand the edges for you- for some reason they always want to skip this step. It should be done at no extra charge. If you try to do it yourself, no only is it a huge PIA but can also chip the edges of your brand new window (Don't ask me how I know- I just do, OK! :t0174: )

Hope this helps
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Return to A, B, C and D Series