the BC-series

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:17 am

the BC-series

the great and rare BC-series was the pre curser to the loadstar and was made betweeen 59 and 61 in very limited numbers (dunno how much)
there were some changes in the cab, but the basic front clip was almost the same. The loadstar was made for the next (almost) two decades.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Re: the BC-series

Manfred, interesting co-incidence, at the farm auction where we got the 1600 Loadstar there was also a BC series truck . At the time I had never seen one before. I saw another nice BC 160 sell at a farm auction just a few years ago. Not sure if I got a good picture of it. There were not a lot of them around. Loadstars were (are) everywhere. One of my ads that image shack has cut up again. :cry:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

see now,...that shows the single headlight theme, and My dads was a double headlight. both were available.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 am

Yes, they looked like B series headlights laid over on their side. I'd forgotten they had both options.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Wow, i remember as a kid in the early sixties, my neighbor was a dairy farmer and he had BC- SERIES with the dual headlights.. They are rare.. And the load stars, ya they were everywhere.., heck once in a while you still see one in service..

Return to A, B, C and D Series