radio part number?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 am

radio part number?

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the correct part number for a stock radio for a 62 C120 4x4 Travelette? A picture would also be very appreciated. Did they also come as a dealer kit with speaker, bezel, antenna etc? I can't find the p/n and I've come across two very different bezels, but I'm sure they can't both be correct for this truck. I think it's a Motorola, IH p/n 244079R91, but I'm not sure, and I have no idea what this radio actually looks like.
Thank you.
Steve

Being all transistor I'm sure the radio I have pictured here is not correct. Only posted it to show the general style of radio I'm looking for.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: radio part number?

Not sure on the mounting plate since I don't have access to the MT-110. I'm not even sure which dash you have. Is it like the later models or the A&B series,which has the speedo mounted on top of the dash.I believe it's the latter so maybe someone with an A or B that has a radio can help since the same panel was probably used. The two pictured are for 2 different style radios for sure.
Radios etc. were listed in the "Necessories" IH accessories catalog which one from that era is likely hard to find.
Antennas were separate since they had different types for different models while the radio was a "fit all". I know there was a cowl mount and a side mount (for COE's). I can't recall if there were any installation kits or not but it's possible,at least for the harness and speaker(?).
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 pm

hi,
The second half of this video shows exactly what my truck looks like, or rather what it should look like inside and out if / when its restored, except mine is factory 4wd.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Y1FD3D3gc

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 am

OK,same as the A/B inside so maybe Gary or Manny have a radio in their trucks and will pipe in.
Nice looking truck in the vid. but needs hub caps,with that paint job it would just look better.
LMAO at that young guys comments,"too much work" and "never knew what gear" he was in,sure ain't a truck person!
He better to stick to mini vans to haul the kids with.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:12 am

notice he couldn't figure out how to open the door either, had to have someone else do it for him. :rotflol:

Return to A, B, C and D Series