Long Range Shipping Question

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 am

Long Range Shipping Question

Kind of an odd question but I wasn't sure where else to post this...
I am considering possibly purchasing a complete cab for our A series. Found a decent one north of L.A.. If I am able to purchase this, I would need to get it from California to Pittsburgh, PA.
Any of you guys have any experience with anything like this? I am hoping that I can find a somewhat affordable way to make this work...

Thanks!

Bryon

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Re: Long Range Shipping Question

I have used Fastenal for alot of parts that can be placed on a pallet. I have heard of guys shipping cabs via Fastenal also but I have never done it myself. The problem is you need to palletize it and then be able to haul it to Fastenal and some people that have this stuff cannot do this or are not willing to. Might be worth checking out though. I have been very happy with price and how things are treated compared to UPS and USPS not that these are an option for you.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:59 am

Hi Hattrick,

Thanks for the info. My boss mentioned he has used Fastenal as well with good results. I checked their website, but it seems like they have the country divided in two regions, and don't ship coast to coast. I'm going to keep looking and I'll let you know what I find out.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:01 pm

I got lucky and was able to schedule delivery through Tforce (UPS Freight) for under $700. I had prices ranging up to $2500. It has arrived.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Bryon

Return to A, B, C and D Series