My latest mystery...Air Cleaners...

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:08 am

My latest mystery...Air Cleaners...

Hi guys,
Well, with every question answered another seems to arise..lol.
Our A110, BD240, had the wrong carb on it when we got it. I am returning everything to as original as possible, and have no idea as to what air cleaner would have been on the truck. I took a few pics of the parts book but cant upload them from my phone. I'll try later. It shows a dry and an oil bath style air cleaner. It mentions "brake codes" as a factor but I cant seem to determine what this is. Nothing listed on the line setting sheet.
Also, both types show a hose and fitting going to somewhere on the engine but I'm not sure where. I would assume the valve cover, though my valve cover has nowhere to put a fitting...
I'm going to keep reading on this since I'm just getting into it, but any help or clues would be great.

Thanks guys!

Bryon

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: My latest mystery...Air Cleaners...

It looks like the dry air cleaner 179331R91 was "standard" on the BD240, and the oil bath 120364R91 was an option. I think I may have at least the top of the oil bath air cleaner, and it has a cap on the outlet tube which appears to be original. I'm guessing that cap was for setups that didn't require an air inlet of some sort for brakes. If you're interested in that one, send me a message.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: My latest mystery...Air Cleaners...

Thanks Paul.
I'm assuming this had the dry air cleaner on it, though I'll never know for certain I guess. The number you mentioned is the same one I see in my book. I'm going to try to track one down. I haven't seen anything online for the assembly, but am going to search for the individual parts and may be able to build one....I hope!

Return to A, B, C and D Series