A110 Cab Mount Source

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:54 pm

A110 Cab Mount Source

Hi all,

Would anyone happen to know a source to buy a set of rubber isolators for the front cab mounts on a 58 - 59 A110? They are part number 162 208R1, item 16 in the attached photo. It looks like Travelallparts.com sells a mount kit for a later model year, which may be an option, but I only need the isolators out of it, so the rest of the kit would not be used.
I've checked all the usual sources, but figured I'd ask in case I missed something.

Thanks!

Bryon
Attachments
Mount.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:17 pm

Re: A110 Cab Mount Source

406garage
Central Oregon
Email: 406garagesales@gmail.com
Tel: 541-678-1501
Try this guy. If he does not have what you want, I think he might know where to find the parts you want.
406 Garage is on You Tube. Check it out. I did.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:05 am

Thanks Nikki!
I am not familiar with this guy. I'll email him right now.
Thanks again for your help!

Bryon

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:37 pm

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:33 pm

Haven't had any luck finding a source for front cab mounts.... I need the rubber components. Travellallparts.com had a kit that would have worked, but it has been backordered for months so they refunded my money. I am getting close to being able to mount my cab, so these are now becoming an issue.
Is anyone aware of any sources that can make these out of polyurethane, rubber, etc? I believe I still have an old one to copy.
Thanks!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:12 pm

This is where you have to kick start your imagination. Go to a local spring shop and ask for rubber spring bushings to fit your cab brackets.
Another good place to try and find rubber style bushings is Energy Suspension . https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/
Do not stop looking in Energy Suspension just because they do not list your truck. Go to their online catalogue and try and match up their bushings to what you need. If you do not have a Vernier caliper buy an inexpensive one. You will need to get some fairly accurate measurements. Close might not be close enough
I have never had much luck depending on others to get involved in my projects. I am pleased to give as much help as I can, to you. I have included a picture of the cab-mount components from one of my trucks. The "T" shaped patrs are where the rubber bushings are. I think the left and the right sides are the same. The other piece is a left, I think. These parts are not the same, but, mirror opposites
The original rubber bushing supplier to IHC was HARRIS. I do not know if they are still in business. Google is you best friend.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Harris+s ... s-wiz-serp
Attachments
front cab mount 1.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:13 am

Thanks Nik!
Actually I found suitable bushings for the rear mounts. I am stuck on the front mounts, which is basically a rubber block that fits into the cab mount bracket, between it and the frame. They are too big to make out of a hockey puck or something, and I haven't had any luck finding something that will work. I'm gonna keep looking though.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:56 am

Bryon wrote:Thanks Nik!
Actually I found suitable bushings for the rear mounts. I am stuck on the front mounts, which is basically a rubber block that fits into the cab mount bracket, between it and the frame. They are too big to make out of a hockey puck or something, and I haven't had any luck finding something that will work. I'm gonna keep looking though.

I know its an old post, but just thought I'd throw this out there anyway. There was a company that used to make all kinds of rubber parts such as motor mounts, etc. including one-offs if you supplied a sample to use as a template. That company is https://www.then-now-auto.com/antique-auto-parts/

They used to only specialize in rebuilding fuel pumps. However their main tech passed away a few years ago. I used him once in the past and he did excellent, excellent work. I don't recall his name now. Their web site had many pages of some of the most unique and rarest fuel pumps ever made that they rebuilt. It was interesting reading some of the detailed pages they had on identifying different fuel pumps, and what companies made what and for who. They then diversified into a few other things I believe to keep the company alive. I understand they ran an ad looking for a fuel pump rebuilder for at least two years. Because their web site is only a shadow of what it once was, I don't know that I could recommend them any longer. But for custom rubber parts, one might try them if other sources can't be found.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:36 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out Then and Now Parts for any future needs. I wouldn't mind finding someone that can re-vulcanize new rubber on my engine mounts. I'll inquire with them.

Return to A, B, C and D Series