New floor mats for floor shift pickups

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:55 pm

New floor mats for floor shift pickups

On Ebay a seller has them for A and B series pickups. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-60-International-A-Bseries-P-U-Sound-Deadner-Pad-Floor-Mat-for-floor-Shift/331224334430?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 Comparing photos with their column-shift floor mats there appears to be more material in the middle to fit over the trans hump, so they may be legit.

The seller has mats for KB and L/R/S pickups too. Has anyone bought from this seller?

-Mike
    1960 B112 V8 stepside
    1966 Triumph TR4A IRS
    1993 Miata LE -- daily driver

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Re: New floor mats for floor shift pickups

I bought the material and made the pieces to fit. I have a JUKI 562 sewing machine. I used the Juki to to bind the edges of the carpet. Just about any older SINGER should be able to sew carpet. I bought German Square Weave wool.
This is easy enough and I think a person with a few skills could do this.
If you would like to attempt this, make paper templates first. Do not try to make the carpet set in one piece. Some eBay sellers have access to a carpet molder. I do not like the one piece idea.
I like to be able to remove the driver's side carpet for drying.
Attachments
lower trunk bulkhead.jpg
CARPET OVAL SC.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:31 pm

I went to a place that sells various rubber products. Picked up some new wide conveyor belt remnant for five bucks. Used cheap wrapping paper to make a pattern of floor mat then cut rubber to fit. Makes good mat material.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm

I installed one in my '57 Travelall. It didn't claim to fit a 4X4 Travelall so all bets were off, but it was close enough that I could make it work with some adusting and trimming. I still need to install the chrome shifter plates. Also includes a nice butyl-like underlayment, and a layer of jute carpet padding. Nice heavy duty stuff.
Attachments
IMG_0103 (1).jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:35 pm

The L<R & S windshield rubber seals typically did not fit really well on the lower left corner. Water would often collect in the space behind the rubber seal. The water often rusted through the metal frame and then leaked onto the driver's floor area. This water would collect and be trapped in the hemp sound insulation, under the rubber mat. Many of these trucks had the drivers area floor rust out.
One quick fix was to put in something small to slightly hold the lip of the seal open so the water could escape, evaporate or be blown clear by road blast.
rust-out repair in this area is easy and it does not have to look pretty because the repair will be behind the seal lip.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to A, B, C and D Series