IHC rear axle

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:52 pm

IHC rear axle

Just had a look at the tags on my 59 B110. Diff # 41-11 ratio 3.73. Another tag indicates use only limited slip lub. Does anybody know if this is an IHC rear or other? Can I assume it's a limited slip unit? The cab heating unit is all apart, nothing in the manual I have shows anything about this unit, could us some help putting it back together, I've a feeling I'm missing a few pieces.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: IHC rear axle

nice truck! I have a few 59 B-120 parts. I can't say what the rear end is on my parts truck. I think the heater is all there.

Where you at? I'm in Creston, B.C., Canada. both my B's are American.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:16 am

I've got the heater out of my A120 now- I can post up some pictures of it for comparison this weekend, if you think that would help. It's a pretty simple unit.
I don't think my shop manual has anything about the heater in it, but my parts catalog might have an exploded diagram. I will check that too. (Working the next 3 nights so Sun would be my first opportunity.)
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Nice truck. Like those wide whitewalls. My B110 is all Canadian and has the IH power lok differential. There is a label right on the dash indicating that it has. When we got the truck back in 73 the original owner threw in a little container of Chryco limited slip fluid in case it ever needed any added. I still have the tin and its not empty.
My heater is intact and working although they never were adequate for a Sask. winter. If you need photos of the heater I can take some of mine if it will help.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:41 am

this may help for your heater & rear axel
Attachments
B110 POSI.jpg
B-110 hearter.jpg
B-110 close up.jpg

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, it's only taken me two months to get back on the forum. Could not log on for some reason. Thanks for the help, I haven't had a chance to do anything with the truck in our winter climate, waiting for spring. I'm in Toronto, Canada, the vin. on the truck C531A indicates it was built in Hamilton, Ontario. Mike

Return to A, B, C and D Series