Back to 16s

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Back to 16s

my opinion, Michelin tires are over rated. I have gotten a lot better performance from other brands for less cost. BF Goodrich is one, and Yokohama is another.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Back to 16s

cut and paste:
In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective, i.e. based on that which is less than absolutely certain, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable
Having posted the above, I am of the "Opinion" that I did have a tire that I liked better with BFG and again with Yokohama. In our situation, with the trucks that we have in planning or in the works, we will be using BFG. My Dodge Ram Diesel weighs 7700 pounds and a 50/50 split of city and highway driving and 100,000 kilometers has left 50% of the tread on the 265-75R17 BFG all terrain tires. I like the big tire look and the wet traction is really good. The BFG highway manners are really good and these tires are more quiet than any tire I have driven. The worst tire that I have ever owned has to be Dunlop. I got a new Harley Electra Glide Classic in 2003. It came with Dunlop tires. I was never able to get 10,000 kilometers out of a set. The front tire was well worn at 10,000km and the rear tire was always worn out at 6-8,000km. I had Michelin tires installed on that Harley and it changed the character of the bike with longer tire life by three times and had much improved handling. Crossing over rail tracks was no longer a white knuckle event. My wife has METZLERS on her tdi Jetta and I had a local motorcycle shop put METZLERS on my Valkyrie. I really like them better than the Michelins this bike came with.
One of the British Car Club guys, in the next block, has Michelins on his TR3 because this was his first option because of cost. He does a lot of 4-20 so maybe this should be factored into his :Opinion". The smell of "it" makes me feel sick.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....
Previous

Return to A, B, C and D Series