1971 1210 pickup

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:14 am

Re: 1971 1210 pickup

The truck has been a farm truck since before she bought the property 20+ years ago. She plows a quarter mile drive and travels the logging roads on her 35 acres for firewood. The poor truck is whipped. A couple years ago she was backing up and the rear axle and driveshaft backed itself right out of the transfer case, springs and all. Spring shackles rusted right off back frame was gone. A friend in the excavation business, who happens to have a son who is a Toyota tech brought it to his shop where they chopped the rotten rear frame off. Took an old warranty replaced Toyota pickup frame, ( remember the famous Toyota rusty frame recall?) chopped that up, made some adjustments and welded up the whole mess. They shortened the wheelbase for maneuverability so the step side box was gone. It was pretty shot sadly, and viola! The Beast, as she is known lives on. So to answer your question, we have no idea what may have happened to the front brake line, I didn't even know we're missing one! So you see, we all wish Beast could talk. There's some tales I'm sure. I coulda used better pics, I'm sorry, I can do better. Do fear! This thread may never die. Thanks guys and I'll stay in touch. Hope to make some friends at Red Power for the tractor, ( even tough it a yellow one!) I hope they'll talk to me. Best, Peter
Attachments
image.jpeg
New short flat bed that sis built.
image.jpeg
Loaded up for a day of working on farm trucks and the tractor. Yes there an IH 2400A in the barn that we're working on too
image.jpeg
Beast, her name is on the hood..

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:32 am

And hello kyoung I just saw your post, thank you. I tried the link but the files been removed it says. These manual sellers must be very protective of they stuff and hunt down the shared didital copies and delete them somehow I'm convinced!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:40 am

Pfmet wrote:And hello kyoung I just saw your post, thank you. I tried the link but the files been removed it says. These manual sellers must be very protective of they stuff and hunt down the shared didital copies and delete them somehow I'm convinced!

Try opening in a new tab or window, it worked for me and I could see the manuals.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:38 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:
Pfmet wrote:And hello kyoung I just saw your post, thank you. I tried the link but the files been removed it says. These manual sellers must be very protective of they stuff and hunt down the shared didital copies and delete them somehow I'm convinced!

Try opening in a new tab or window, it worked for me and I could see the manuals.

I noticed that the links work differently whether you try it from a computer with normal web browser vs using your phone

You can get to the same site by going to the top level http://oldihc.org page, then clicking on the 'Gangster International' links, there are 2 links, one in the list in the middle of the page and one at the lower right. Once there, page through the stuff to find the folder for the manual I mentioned. The manuals are still there, I just tried it.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you gentlemen. By using the link on the lower right of oldiic I got there. Curiously the link in the center of the page gave me the "Files been removed" page . I do all this from my iPad.
Previous

Return to 1000 Series