1970 1200 Pickup

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:59 am

1970 1200 Pickup

A very well preserved low mileage 1970 IH 1200 pickup in this video. You don't find original survivors like this every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFwQRsOxc34

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:05 am

Re: 1970 1200 Pickup

Thank you for posting that video. It is the only other 1970 1200 PU I have seen other than mine. Mine is the same color (Bahama Blue) found in a barn in Kansas.

It was given to the beloved niece of the original owner who refused dozens of offers to sell, she told me. She agreed to sell it to me only when I told her that I had taken my wife on our first date in an IH pickup and wanted to restore this one so we could take it out on "date night". I sent her pictures as we restored it.

It was absolutely by the grace of God that I spotted the truck, as I was attempting a shortcut on a farm road I had never been on before and the gentleman farmer was remodeling the barn, so the truck was outside. I hit the brakes like there was a blond in a bikini in the road.

Could not find a speck of rust or a ding on the truck, but the brakes were too bad to drive it home. Mine doesn't have the big mirrors either.

Return to 1000 Series