1972 1110 4X4

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Re: 1972 1110 4X4

OY! :t0174:

I linked 3 choices for a lever from Napa,they are the only possibilties for that part.

Forget the IH number,it does not cross.

Here's a hint when using IH pn's... Do NOT use spaces or dashes,period. They are only printed with spaces in the books for clarity.
In practice it will look like this;
352946C1
When spoken it would be;
Three,five,two,nine,forty-six,Cee,one.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks,Scottso,for ALL your help! Those NAPA links won't do me any good. They're all,(as you well know) are for cable type. I might be able to get my hands on a '74 Dana front axle,from a 1110/4-speed, so it should have the same gear ratio. Nice thing is,it has disc brakes. Now I need to changer out the M.C.,again,and add a perportining valve. Mo' $$$$$$$$$$!! AARGH!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:07 pm

They are NOT all for the cable type since WAGNER did not use a cable. They used rods even though in the book IH calls them cables. I sold the things and know what they look like.

You are aware that both axles ratio's must be the same in 4x4's?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Yes,Scottso,I Am aware of that fact. Both trucks SHOULD be Dana 70's,with 3:73 ratio's. If not,I'll have to change the (Here we go again)... third member. B.T.W... Where are the links,to the "rod" type adjusters/ i ONLY SEE the Cable type linked. I called Sadler Powertrain,and they said the same thing.,(different words). Part is OBSOLETE,and probably S.O.L. trying to find a replacement.THANKS!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:46 pm

This is my last shot,if it doesn't match I give up. I looked in all my catalogs and all the online ones too and by application nothing matches Fig.04-002. Which is for the 1110 4x2 btw. I couldn't even find an illustration for a set up that didn't use a cable.
I went into the MT-118 and found the '68 1100C w/code 04125 (11x3" brakes) has the same set up and the lever pn's match the 1110. SO,I gave it a shot looked it up using that model and came up with something totally different.
http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part-de ... 1100C&vin=

If that's not it either there's a really simple solution,just do away with the self adjusters. From what I can see with the manual adjust brakes the star wheel appears to ride against the adjuster spring coils which presumably keep the screw from moving. In the self adjusters the spring has a shorter coil and a longer hook end so the wheel doesn't ride on the coil,so if the spring is put on the opposite way...

I just wanted to be sure about the ratio thing,there are more people that don't know that than you might think.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:57 am

THANKS,Scottso!! Eliminating the self adjusters is MUCH SIMPLER than swapping in a different axle! I've EXHAUSTED ALl OF MY SEARCHES,as well! THANKS FOR ALl OF YOUR HELP!! IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED!! HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEK-END!! Here,(FINALLY),is a pic. of the adjuster I need...https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir? ... 4203753713

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Now that you have a pic of the thing (I've never seen one like it) you could try some of the Light Line parts vendors like Outback & IHparts America by sending them the pic. Ya never know,somebody could have it and not know the pn.
Back in my dealer days a part like that would have come from the PDC in a small paper bag with the parts tag stapled to it,easy to get lost that way.

Another thing I'd try is to take a few more pics of it from different angles on a neutral backround like a sheet of plain white paper and do a Google image search.
It might come up that way(?) because I refuse to believe that it was only used by IH on such a select number of models.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks for the GREAT tips,Scottso! So far-NO LUCK Anywhere! I'm just going to eliminate the R.F. adjuster for the time being,(BUT KEEP ALL THE PARTS,JUST IN CASE),and get the brakes and hubs back together. I need to get it to the neighbor's,(2 miles on gravel),so he can stretch the frame, to accept an 8' box. Next step is get rid of the '72 cab/front clip,(already Sold),and figure out the mounts for the '48 KB5 sheet metal,steering,clutch,brakes,etc.
Last edited by BillHickey on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:30 pm

I installed the brakes and hubs. bled the brakes. Primed the carb,and it started right up. I currently installed a NEW oil pressure gauge,and it registers ZERO! I'm not running this engine until this PROBLEM gets figured out! Oil shot out from the line,(Broken off at the gauge), a couple of months ago,before I re-worked the fuel lines, brakes,oil gauge,etc. Now I see a lot of (air) gaps,in the plastic oil line. I may "Bleed' this,(Cold),to get the air out of the line,and see what happens. P.O. didn't even put a fuel filter between the tank to pump,or pump to carb! And he "Mud-Bogged" in this truck!! AARGH!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:23 am

Is this the PO?
PreviousNext

Return to 1000 Series