posting pictures that will magnify

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: posting pictures that will magnify

I just noticed you are saving the pictures in .png format and I was using .jpg format that may make a difference also. try re-formatting to .jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:13 pm

g7r7.jpg

yiyiy.jpg

Its the same I may use a different pic.

That maxed out Thanks
I get my high on heavy iron, the older and heavier the better I feel.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 am

It seems to work just fine, when I opened them in the new window, they got bigger!

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 am

Lloyd
That worked with both pictures although much better with the truck picture. I think it would have worked with the lift truck picture better if it would not have been originally posted in the png format.
My goal was to get what I got with the truck pic. It enlarged in a new window and then again when I hovered on the picture and clicked the plus symbol it went full page picture.

So anyone that wants their pictures to blow up large on the forum go to the paint program and upsize or downsize the % using the resize tool until getting the picture as close to 512mb size limit as possible. Make small adjustments of about 20% at a time checking the size in the pictures properties after each adjustment. It takes a few adjustments to get close depending on the photo.
It's brtter too get the pic. sized right brfore trying to post it on the forum. Less back and forth trial and error.
Cb89 had the answer!

You know when I look at this now its cense but it just didnt click. I tried every way but the right way.
t0116.gif

CLICK ME

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:39 pm

I posted this in another forum using as an example about resizing

Nikki post more pic's than anyone. He would spend hours resizing all his pics. this method wouldnt work well for him. I just used one of his pics.

As Nikki suggested in another thread to keep and post pictures from your computer and not a posting site. You wont lose pic's will stay with the thread and be useful for future readers. And again sorry for the interruption.
Thanks Mike

Click the pic and then again on the next page. It does change the resolution a bit. I went overboard on this pic size. Bad example !
Beautiful frame
Before
huy.jpg

After
8_8%20rear%20in%20ther,%20really.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:08 pm

I am probably late responding to this, I was swimming at the marina.
I take my photographs with a Blackberry PRIV. The camera is a 18 megapixel Schneider - Kreuznach. I have to resize my pictures to 10% to get the size down to where the forum will accept them. Well, 10% is what I use, but I can sometimes use up to 15%. Cropping a picture to focus on a place does little to reduce what the forum will accept.
I left double click the picture to bring it up. Often the picture will be bigger than the computer screen. I right click and use the MS PAINT option to resize. Look for resize under the header HOME. click on the 100 in vertical only, horizontal will take care of itself. I back-space the 100 to 10 and then go to enter then post. Pick a file and picture name that you can remember.
I have my pictures resized and stored in a forum file which had many sub-files for L110, shop, toolbox, camelback drill, crewcab, old engines, tools, lathes, milling machines etc. I like to name my resized pictures with names that represent the content of the picture. I have 25,000+ pictures of shop, motorcycle, 1940 Ford and IHC in my computer. 20,000 of these pictures are Ford. Look at what I did on Friday the 13th will likely be forgotten and difficult to find on Sunday. Autometer gauge cluster is a better description for finding a picture although dash will likely work. . BMW seats will take me to exactly that. Leather will not include the seats, but, I will get hundreds of upholstery pictures, in black leather. Alpine takes me to dozens of radio pictures which include pictures of the installation of the Alpine amplifier and wiring to the many speakers.
I was not comfortable with Photobucket when I first tried it more than a decade ago, so, I kept copies of everything on my computer. Now that Photobucket has changed and left many persons in a difficult place, I am not bothered. I did not understand how to keep my photos private in Photobucket, so I jumped out. I have been able to trace many difficult to find persons through PB. It is all in the details.
Do not forget to turn off the GPS on your picture taker. Bad guys can find you and your stuff.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 pm

COPY AND PASTE: Nikki post more pic's than anyone. He would spend hours resizing all his pics. this method wouldnt work well for him. I just used one of his pics.
I can take a Blackberry picture of a part in an IHC parts book, transfer it to my computer and resize it, then post the picture on this forum in about 60 seconds. Cropping and adding an arrow adds another 30 seconds.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 pm

Speed and ease of use are important when posting.
Months ago i followed your suggestion of posting pictures from my computer instead of a hosting site and look what photobucket has done. So many forums and have lost the usefulness with lost photos with technical information like your parts book pic's. Yours stayed. The pictures need to be as perminant as the words.
Your right about not being comfortable with those sites. They are grabbing everything the can about your lifstyle to sell you to the advertisers.
I have been and still am searching for an app. that will resize by entering the mb. size rather than percentage or number of pixel. It may not exist. All the pics would be more consistant although the type of device they are taken with makes a difference.
Previous

Return to How do I?