Website is slow

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Website is slow

Hello
The last few years I have had the same problem. The website is painfully slow. It is only here at home and it does not matter which computer I use (we have two here). From other locations and using different computers the site is normal. I have to think it is my Mcafee antivirus? I have tried everything but I no luck.
Any suggestions?

Gary

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Re: Website is slow

No problem here in Western Canada. The connection seems just about the same speed at home or out and about town. This page loaded in less than a second to load this morning. I have Wi-Fi in the house and the Wi-Fi connect to the garage, about 50 feet away, is a little slower.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Website is fine where I'm at in Arizona. Sounds like it's you location, I got rid of McAfee years ago. It slows everything down.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:41 am

I am pretty sure it is Mcafee. It must be scanning everything as I go forward into the site. When I go back towards the Board Index it is quick. I have looked around in Mcafee and I can't find anywhere where I can instruct it to "trust" this site. Is there a way around this?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Worthy, not sure on that, I personally quit using Mcafee and Norton a long time ago. I use AVG Free, I also use Firefox for my browser.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:29 pm

I spend a lot of time on Meanchicken for jetboating. It runs at a normal speed and is a similar site to OldIHC in that there are multiple Forums, etc. It is something about my home setup and Old IHC. I have tried Explorer and Google Chrome, they are both the same. I will try Mozilla.
Thanks Guys.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Also check to make sure something in your home computer is not adverse to phpBB3 software. That is what the forum runs on. All I got, good luck.

Return to How do I?