Travelall Dashboard Removal

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 am

Travelall Dashboard Removal

1971 1110D Travelall 4x4

Do I have to remove the windshield to remove the dashboard? If so then what?
I only have 1 working vent, the defrost does not blow and the heat/air control switches are all loosey goosey and don't do squat. Dashboard needs to come off for full refurb of vents and such.

(Not to mention that leaking is coming from somewhere on the passenger side)

HELP.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Travelall Dashboard Removal

No you dont need to remove the windsheild,you can get to most stuff by removing just the dash front and glove box.There are screws around the gauge face,take them out and the radio knobs off to remove face,then you can pull the gauges(unhook battery first)the dash pad is bolted from under the bottom above the glove box,2 screws in each defrost vent from the top.O your heat if you dont have a/c its probably just cables(with a/c they are vacume lines)once you get the dash front off look its pretty easy to figure out
Jeff

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am

Thanks Jeff. I took the gauge face plate off to change the bulbs in the speedo (dang that cable is short) and some of the gauges. I will try and get this done soon. and give a possible write up.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Easy to figure out, lol. I got mini vacuum lines all over the place unhooked and such.......The ventilation tubes are crumbling as I touch em. :roll:

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Well that was interesting. My ventilation control switch has six vacuum ports..... all of which had to lines attached except for the heat. After 2 hours of routing and rerouting, in addition to re-running all the lines I figured out the defrost and heat. Now I have to find the 2-1/4 diameter flex lines for the ventilation ducts.

Return to How do I?