PHOTOS

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm

PHOTOS

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to attach a photo to a thread without using a photo server like Photobucket? It would be nice to be able attach a photo directly from picture software like iPhoto.

2. Is there a way to attach a picture like we used to with the little tree icon so that only a thumbnail shows on the thread that can be expanded by the reader? I hate attaching the large photos like the ones on my recent post POWER WINDOWS in the Modified KB forum .

Thanks,

Spikedog

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: PHOTOS

Jim is looking into it, but so far it does not look like "shrinking" photos is a function in phpBB. I generally shrink them another way and save them as a separate file than the original.

Will let you know if we find anything different.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 pm

you can attach a photo from your hard drive, however it can only be 250mg, which is a pretty low res digital photo

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 am

Here's a question for somebody smarter than me (a large field to be sure :oops: )

I took some photos with my iPad mini that I tried to upload, but got a message that it was too big. How can I shrink the photos so they will upload here, or is there another path that I can use and not need to shrink them? Do I need to get an app for that or is there one available that will make shrinking or posting photos here easier? Is there a setting I can use to decrease the size when taking photos specifically for this site so I won't need to change it?

Thanks!
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:09 pm

If you put them on say Shutterfly, then you copy the photo's URL, then at the top of the post is an icon, Img, click that then paste the URL in the middle of Img Img. I use this and do not have to resize my photos.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but can I link photos through Facebook, or just shutterfly/photobucket, etc?
70% of the world is covered with water, the rest is just Drop Zone!!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:02 am

If you click on a picture in Facebook and then "copy" you can then paste it into here but it will only put the code up not the picture. But I am not sure everyone will be able to open it I think they will need to be on Facebook.

Here is a trial

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 582&type=1

Trevor
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Return to How do I?