Help with problem on this site

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Help with problem on this site

I have a problem with this website only. The 1st page opens normally but all pages after that I just get "the spinning circle of death". After about a minute or two I get "page cannot be displayed". Sometimes if I hit refresh, the page appears, but not always. My 'work around" is to open the new page in a new tab, sometimes this helps, sometimes not. Sometimes it takes multiple tabs of the same page to get one to open. Now for the really weird part, after visiting this site, it will effect some other sites I visit after this site (some, but not all) I never have a problem with those other sites if I visit them before I come here. The problem remains until I log off, and back on, then I can visit those sites without a problem until I visit this site. It is not caused by any anti-virus as I have tried with none and different ones. I run Windows7 with Internet Explorer.
If it helps, when I choose a page, the navigation bar ( that show what web address I am going to) shows a whole bunch of stuff, but the last bit is "page number" on this site (posting number) and often I see this is repeated twice IE. post&F12345/post&f12345. It seams to be confusing Internet Explorer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: Help with problem on this site

I have windows 8 and this computer is having similar behaviour issues. I thought is was just me and when I covered the camera,.................... the situation did not improve. :m03104:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:42 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I have windows 8 and this computer is having similar behaviour issues. I thought is was just me and when I covered the camera,.................... the situation did not improve. :m03104:

Covering only helps if you are running "mirrors 7 or 8" not windows. :t1809:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:42 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I have windows 8 and this computer is having similar behaviour issues. I thought is was just me and when I covered the camera,.................... the situation did not improve. :m03104:

Covering only helps if you are running "mirrors 7 or 8" not windows. :t1809:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:17 pm

It sounds like it could be a registry issue,do you have a program to clean it amongst other things that cause problems like that? I actually use 4 different ones since one doesn't seem to catch everything. I do a cleaning at least once a week.
It could also be some kind of Adware that you "found" (or it found you) on the web,most are harmless but can slow browsers down. For those I use SpyBot S & D and adwcleaner.

I'll post links for them all if anyone wants them,they're all freeware which I investigated before downloading.

You could also go to the bottom of any page and click "Delete all board cookies" sometimes it helps.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Nope, none of those problems, the site even did it to one computer that I wiped the hard drive on and reloaded windows. I thought I'd see if it made any difference as I had to get wipe the drive for other reasons.
I use a well recommended anti-virus that also cleans the registry and will delete temp files and cookies at my request, and it still does it.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 pm

Guys, my computer is down for a few more days, give Jim a shout via the email under his name, thanks. Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 pm

I have no problem at all here or any other site,so it's likely on your end.

Try this little gem of a tool,it will find and clean things that most others don't look for or find which give browser woes.
https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdown ... dwcleaner/

http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/adwcleaner/

It stays in the place you load it to,no desktop shortcut or anything. I just keep it in the downloads folder and open it from there. They update it often so each version may only work for a short time,then it will alert you of a new one to get (from the same link).

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:08 am

Have to admit that found things and speeded up the computer response time on OTHER sites, but I still have the same problem on THIS site.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:40 pm

That's just weird it only affects this site. Do you use a favorites/bookmark for the site? You could try deleting the current one and tag a new one,I did that awhile ago and I think it was for this site.
When was or have you ever defragmented the registry? This is different than doing the disk and needs a program for that purpose.
I do mine at least monthly (I do a disk defrag too) to keep things fast as can be.

Here's some links for the tools I use (free versions);
http://www.glarysoft.com/

http://www.winaso.com/

http://www.iobit.com/en/update/asc/

They all have a registry defrag tool in addition to all the other cleaning options. Like I said,I use all 3 to clean the registry with and every time one or more find something the other(s) didn't. Then I reboot.

I've come to realize keeping a computer in good running condition takes more time than a motor vehicle these days,who'd a thunk!?

If none of that works you might try this site,they're pretty helpful.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
Next

Return to How do I?