Pictures

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Pictures

when posting, how do I attach pictures? For the past year I have been rebuilding a L112 from the frame up and want to share my experiences. I have been a member of the oldihc and have gotten some great help and advice.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Pictures

Here is one answer that is found here:http://oldihc.wordpress.com/ on right hand side, help with forum: http://oldihc.wordpress.com/2013/01/01/ ... -forums-2/

If your pictures reside on your computer and are too big, you must shrink them with something like "paint" on a windows based computer, or some other program.

If you need further help feel free to contact me.
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:21 am

Am I mistaken, or is there no way to take a simple .jpeg file and insert it in a post? I believe all pictures need to be hosted off site, and a link made to them. This means any picture stored on your computer can not be placed in a post. Or at least I haven't found a way. It seam to be unique to this site.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:02 pm

here is a picture from my computer, I use the Upload attachment button at the bottom of this post
0705121947-1.jpg

once I select upload attachment, I then browse my computer for the picture I want(it needs to be of a size to upload not too big) I click on that picture, then I click open at the bottom of the screen. I then need to go again to the bottom of my posting screen and "place inline" the file. I always try to make sure that my cursor is blinking after the script that I typed, otherwise the picture will probably be before it.
I know this seems complicated and can be for some, but this is how I started out long before off site storage was available. I used to have a photobucket account but used it seldom, now it is gone, they deleted it. So all the pictures I had on there are gone.
From an offsite area, it does seem to be much easier to upload a picture.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:19 pm

I always use the links to my photobucket account. It is much easier for me and I can link more than one picture in my postings. Haven't figured out how to attach more than one picture from my computer using the upload attach button. I've never had a problem with my photobucket account so far and I've had it for a few years now, but I always download all my pictures from photobucket as a backup every so often.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:02 am

Just "browse" for each picture on your computer, but yes, I am sure that the photo sharing sites are probably easier. For me, I have not used photobucket enough so I am sure that is the reason my account is gone. More my fault than theirs.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:57 pm

You have to at least log in to a PB account every 6 months I believe it is to keep the acct. active and posted images visible. Not sure how long a dormant acct. goes before they delete it.
I'll stick with the image host I use,it's easy to use and sizes the pic's for you. Plus you have the option of posting the full image or a thumbnail. I tried the system here and it's just a hassle IMO.

Here's a link for the one I use;
http://www.servimg.com
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Lloyd, what size is too big to add as an attachment?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:12 pm

DonO-MN wrote:Lloyd, what size is too big to add as an attachment?

Needs to be 512 KiB

Generally if you take a picture on your computer and resize it in Paint by 60% in both directions, it will be small enough to come on the forum.

This is one of the reasons why most of the fellows use something like photobucket or the one that Scottso mentioned.

I personally keep most of my pictures on removable media and my computer, I am not on the "photo" sites enough to keep an account active.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Lets try that again...it is amazing how easy things are when you read the directions.
She is empty inside but I do have both the front and middle seat frames. Since it was a farm truck this one didn't have the third row seat although that would be nice to add.
semper fi,
Eric
Attachments
valve cover off.jpg
inside rear.jpg
inside rear.jpg (10.58 KiB) Viewed 8328 times
dash.jpg
dash.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 8328 times
engine.jpg
cleaned up.jpg
Semper Fidelis
Next