Anybody else notice?

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Anybody else notice?

Just curious if anyone is still having trouble seeing the avatars? It seems to be working for me.

RJB
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:19 pm

I can't see any of them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:47 pm

I can see all the avatars. You might have to clear your cookie history to reload everything.
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm

I don't know, I do know I am not the only one this happened to. I looked at my setting in the user control panel, and there isn't an option to show or hide them. No option for how much of the screen the topic fills, it seams like a formatting issue but that is beyond my rateing class. All I do know is everything that was to the left of the topic is gone.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 pm

went ahead and deleted all the cookies from this site, and that didn't help.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Strange. I still see them, including the CB-89's "Golden Jubilee". I worked on computers for 30 years, but I was a hardware guy. As I keep telling my friends, "Computers are evil" ;) Too bad they are so dang useful.
Last edited by randemon on Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
1936 International C40
1962 Triumph TR4
2002 Chevy Avalanche

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:42 am

On my screen, I see the avatars and between the avatars and the topic is a white vertical line. At the top of this vertical line is a small bulge with what appears to be a red plus sign. (its so tiny, maybe its some other character, but I think its a plus sign. It may just be a small red dot.) I clicked on that bulge/plus sign and the avatars went away. I clicked on it again and the avatars came back. Now I'm currently on my laptop that I seldom use and I haven't tried it from my smartphone, which is what I mostly use, so I don't know if it works there or not. Hopefully, that is the answer to your question. If not, I'm at a loss as to what the solution is. :t3717:
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:07 am

You nailed it! I just see a little dot, which I thought was there to show who was on line, but clicking on the "dot" made the avatar's come back.
My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:22 am

As my golfing buddies say, “Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn ever once in awhile.”
......and in case anyone was wondering, it works on my smartphone, too. The vertical white line and red plus sign or dot is even tinier on a smartphone and therefore harder to see.

Glad we got the problem solved.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:07 pm

I don't have a "smart phone" I view this on a Toughbook. Still hard for me to see. I guess I have some eye deterioration, not surprising given I am getting up in years, not as far as some, but more than others. Glad to accept any help I can get with these problems.
Often someone sends me a picture in a text message, and can't understand on a normal flip phone it is smaller than a postage stamp!, and no, I can't see or expand it!.
Both my computer and phone are "mil-spec" ruggedized. The phone can stand being submerged (briefly) and the computer can take a lot of abuse, the trade off is the computer speed and screen size is limited and the phone is a good phone, but a lousy excuse for a computer!
Both have "docking stations" in my truck.
Previous

Return to How do I?