Truck cover needed

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT USING THE FORUMS< POST IT HERE.
All questions about trucks, parts, etc. should be in the appropriate Forum, Thank you!

Moderator: Jupes

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:58 pm

Truck cover needed

Hi everyone,
I recently bought a 1959 A120. I'm in California in near by the coast thus there's humidity basically every night. I bought the truck in Fresno CA and its in good shape partly due to where it was, (Fresno is dry and hot). My neighbor suggested I keep it indoors or find a cover for it as he states I'll have major rust issues within 2-3 years. I'm unable to until I buy a home which might be in a year or two. In the meanwhile I really want a cover which will fit my truck and keep the moisture out.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Re: Truck cover needed

In the past we bought and were pleased with the covers we bought from California Car Cover for a 356sc and later a 911s.
http://www.calcarcover.com/
This time we will be getting a non IHC car cover from Cover Craft because this is the brand our local old car store sells.
http://www.covercraft.com/
I hope this helps.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:28 pm

The cover I got for my S102 fits pretty good now that I have the hood and fenders on. This picture is without the rear fenders. It is made for a regular pickup and has tie loops on the sides to wrap under the truck.

Picked this 18 foot car hauler up today from the dealer to haul my truck in to Arizona from Missouri, will probably store the truck in there while I am not working on it. Just an idea for movable storage.

1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Those trailers are fantastic. I bought a three week old Wells Fargo Car Hauler a decade ago. The drunk who bought the Wells and a bunch of other stuff , only a few weeks before, sold it all to me for $5500.00. I sold the contents, on consignment, for nearly $12,000 and returned this money to the idiot. He was broke again in under a week. In the previous 14 months he had wasted nearly $300,000. Over $200,000 went to a couple of guys he did not know after they offered him a share in a biker pub they were about to open. No pub ever happened and the money disappeared like a fart in the wind.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:04 pm

I agree with California Car Cover. They have a great product and will custom make the cover to fit your exact model vehicle.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:01 pm

California Car Cover on my '51. Great! When I was looking at the different vendors to get the cover, I discovered Cover Craft gets there's from California Car Cover. CCC is the industry leader.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Return to How do I?